Thursday 4 October 2012

Essence Stay Natural concealer review- Soft honey

Hey everyone,

Hope all of you are doing well.  On my recent trip to Switzerland and Paris I picked up a few makeup items. This concealer was my first buy from Switzerland and I am so glad that I took out the time to buy it since this was the only place I could do some inexpensive Essence shopping. I looked a lot for Catrice but unfortunately it was missing in the store that I went to. But one thing that caught my eye was this concealer. I really wanted to try something like a pen because it sort of reminds me of the YSL Touche Eclat which I have been longing to try but found too expensive. Essence is a European brand which is mostly found there or in Usa. Fortunately, there were testers for this available at the store which made it easier for me to find out a colour match. I matched with their darkest shade Soft honey, it is such a good match I cant even tell you. This gets me to thinking what people darker than me would go for. All the other colours were too light for my skintone.

Price:- 2.79 Euros ( around 200/- )


All the essence items were so inexpensive that I literally went crazy there. I wanted to pick up all the stuff but to my bad luck most of it was too light for me since they had nt stocked up on all the shades. The first thing I did the next day was put this concealer on. It is sort of thick in consistency, really creamy and it takes a while to blend into the skin. It does not have a not on the skin kind of a feel since my skin does start looking a bit shiny where I put it on. But I don’t think it leads to any excess oil. It just is not a product that vanishes into your skin. It just sits on top of it. It is a sort of a greasy feel I would say.

The colour is so good for my skintone and so it really helps cover up stuff and not look too odd either. It really conceals my dark circles well. The coverage is medium sorts but I cannot really comment on that because I have not tried many concealer specially the high coverage ones. It also lasts all day which is an added point. For this price I don’t think there is much to complain about apart from the fact that these are not available in India. It is a great concealer for beginners and does well for daily wear too. Even though it is a bit greasy it does not feel heavy on the skin. It does not enhance any flakiness or whatever and also does not settle into the fine lines.

See what a good match it is for my skin. Its like invisible without blending.

One of the issues that I have with this is that it needs so many turns to come out. And after that the liquid starts pouring out like anything. It comes out in such a large quantity that I don’t understand what to do with it. My brush is stained, it just does not want to look squeaky clean. So that may also be an issue for some.
So for this price I don’t think you can go wrong with it. It does its job well and so I don’t really mind that it is a bit greasy.


PROS:-
1.       Inexpensive
2.       Good coverage
3.       Lasts long
4.       Easy to blend
5.       Does not settle into fine lines

CONS:-
1.       Greasy feeling
2.       The quantity that comes out is not controlled

My rating:- 4/5

If you guys are going to Europe or know anyone who is then you can surely give this a try.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Use this code for May 2013!