Sunday 16 June 2013

MAC Studio fix powder plus foundation NC 40 review!

Hiya girls,

As I said yesterday I will be bringing forth the reviews of the powders that I own. After a really inexpensive drugstore one, its time to review a high end powder from MAC. This was one of my sister's and mine very first purchases. After a while both of us started using less of this one and bought the MAC mineralize skinfinish in Medium plus which is still one of my favorite powders.

Price:- 1600/- I believe, dont know the current price though

Lets start with the packaging, its a really classy black case which shuts tight and is still so easy to open. It comes with a mirror and a sponge. The sponge is in the bottom compartment. Although I dont like the sponge much but it is still easy to use the powder with it.

The color I have NC 40. It has pure yellow undertones with no hint of pink. I believe all NC things always have yellow undertones and this one is no different. 

It has a very soft texture and blends so easily into the skin. There is minimal fall out when you swirl your brush into it. It goes on smooth and does not look patchy at any point of time.
Dirty sponge please excuse!

The pigmentation and coverage is pretty great for a powder. You can use it in place of foundation if you layer it heavily and then spray some face mist to make it look less cakey ( Tip learned from Gossmakeupartist). But I would suggest not to go too heavy on it as it is very much a powder foundation and can look unnatural if used too much. It will not cover too many scars or marks but gives a very even tone to the skin.

It lasts pretty long considering it is a powder. You can also used it in the wet form but I have never really tried that. I m more comfortable using it in the powder form only.

Overall I think it is a great product for people who do not like using liquid foundations. You can just use this all over the face and you are good to go. If you are used to using a foundation and just need a setting powder then you should go for the Mac Mineralize one. :)

PROS:-
1. Lasts long
2. Good coverage
3. Easy to blend
4. No fall out
5. Mirror along with the product

CONS:-
1. Can look cakey if used too heavily.

My rating:- 4.5/5

Have a great week girls :)


2 comments:

Sunshine Beauty said...

Great review.

Unknown said...

please post ur FOTD harman, need to c ur bare face and foundation applied face .. so that can make out the coverge power of the foundation !

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Use this code for May 2013!