Friday 7 September 2012

Nyx blush in glow review

Hey guys,
Hope all of you had an amazing week and have wonderful plans for the weekend. I thought I would review my only cream blush today. I am always so scared of contaminating my cream blush so I never bought any. But a while ago I found an online site with discounted nyx products, so I immediately thought of buying this cream blush in glow.




Price:- Approximately 6$ (300/-)





I wanted a blush that was matte and would look natural on me. I was always kind of worried that the cream blushes would make my skin oily but luckily that has not been the case. The colour of this one is a peachy pink one which is completely matte. It looks more pink in the pictures but in actual it is more of a corally pink colour. It is the type that would look good on everyone provided you blend it well so that you dont end up looking like a clown.


The blush is a very smooth consistency. Its easy to use and blends well with fingers. I always sanitize my hands before using it so that it does not get any germs on it. You can also use an ear bud for applying it. I find it easier with sanitized fingers. I just dot it on my cheekbones till the temple and gently pat with the fingers till the time it is not perfectly blended. 

The blush is definitely a bit shiny looking because of its cream consistency but you can always pat powder or other powder blush on top of it. The colour lasts around 4 hours depending on the quantity you used. IT is definitely not very long lasting but then I have not seen many blushes that last beyond that time. It did not break me out or anything and it easy to use.

However, if you guys dont want to buy a separate cream blush you can always use a lipstick in the same manner. It is an old fashioned notion but it works perfectly. Never thought I would appreciate this tip by my mother :-D

See the swatches of it.:) I have also used it here


Blended



PROS:-
1. Lovely colours
2. Inexpensive
3. Available online easily
4. Lasts a decent amount of time
5. Does not promote more oil production

CONS:-
1. Some may not like the glowy, sort of shiny effect it has.
2. Can get contaminated like all other cream products

My rating:- 4/5


11 comments:

Unknown said...

I am definitely getting this. After all, it is really difficult to get a matte pink blush :-P

Lancy said...

A great blush for beginners :D Nice Review Goga..

Unknown said...

it looks lovely on u..am a no cream blush girl

Goga said...

@Surbhi- It is really nice :) I know all the blushes that come in market are always shimmer laden :-/

Goga said...

@Lancy- Thank you so much :)

Goga said...

@Preetha- Thank you! This was my first cream blush attempt too :)

ridsj said...

it gives a nice subtle color !!

Budget Belleza said...

I've thinking of getting this for quite a long time now..I think I shud stop thinking now ;)
Hey sweetie..I have an award for u..plz check my blog here:
http://budgetbelleza.blogspot.in/2012/09/the-sunshine-award.html

Goga said...

Yeah you hsould totally get it :) Its really nice :) Thank you for the award :)

seraphicgirl1986 said...

hey I just happened to come across your blog! Great review.

I even found out about stylecrazy from your blog. Going to follow asap!

My blog-http://longislandfashionterritory.blogspot.in/

Goga said...

Hi.. Thank you so much :) I m glad you liked it

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Use this code for May 2013!